Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What Is It To Be Balanced?

I used to think of killing myself when times got hard. 
Now that I've given up chemical use among other vices
I think of escape in other ways
What if I was to fake my own death
pack a bag and leave the state?
Certain circumstances hold me back for now.
Am I selfish?
I've realized that I'm drawing into myself
more and more
everyday I seem a little more quiet.
I find happiness in my silence.
Others may think that I'm lackluster
but my mind is so LOUD
I don't need to impress anyone around me
they deserve nothing.
And this is where I ask the questions of balance.
I believe that I should be leading a life of love
but most of the time I feel that I'd much rather be alone.
I don't want to say goodbye because I don't care to ever see them again,
But, of course, I will.
Whether in the morning; or a day or two. 
To show a genuine interest in the lives of those around you
this seems to be a rare quality.
To love my enemies is a guideline that Jesus teaches us
but what if I don't have any enemies
Just those that I care little about.
I feel neutral about most people.
It'd be fair to say that their insults don't hurt me
and that their compliments don't raise my spirits.
Have I lost my empathy
Have I lost my mind
I don't seem to know anymore.
Balance, Balance, Balance.
I need you in my life.
God, God, God.
I need you in my life.

1 comment:

  1. The way you feel right now isn't going to last forever. I have felt that way at times too. The best part of your life is ahead of you. Everything can change in a moment and you are headed in the right direction for peace and happiness. (That sounds like a fortune cookie but it's true!)

    ReplyDelete