Tuesday, January 15, 2013

much needed communion

I have this awful habit of holding off on everything that gives me joy
wether it be till the end of the day or the end of the year
The case in which this gives me the most trouble is when it comes to spiritual pleasures
may they be simple and not asking much of my time

I will go through an entire day, feverish at the thought
of time alone spent with My Creator, My Lord
Quiet, Nothing but communion between myself and The All-Knowing
But it must "always wait" until I finish my work

The actuality being that even while I'm thinking of putting HIM off,
I can be in touch, saying prayers under my breath
lifting my thoughts up

I much prefer a secluded spot amongst HIS creation
But tis not necessary.
This realization has been a long time coming.
Thank you, G_D




No comments:

Post a Comment