Tuesday, March 12, 2013

To Leave My City Behind, To Return to The Home of my Childhood Dreams

Circumstance has had it that
I've decided to move back
to my folks farm out here near the lake

to take steps toward progressing my future
to spend time with my dearest mother
to come closer to myself and The Almighty
to live a more simple life until The Departure

I arrived home this evening
The power was out
I gathered wood and made a fire to heat the little orchard house
My brothers and I made dinner in the dark

Father, Mother, Benjamin, Daniel, and I
We gathered around the dinner table
Our faces lit by the flickering lantern

The lights came on near the end of our meal
We turned them off and played a game of scrabble

The house is full
My youngest brother is reading
The middle brother is snoring
We are all here
All is well



2 comments: