Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Stars were the Brightest

as I crossed over the interstate.
The lakeside town seemed almost haunted
as I walked it's streets at 4:30 in the morning.
I walked past houses
as their lights turned on inside.
Obedient citizens with semi-lucrative careers.
Waking before the sun
to drive into the night to offices they hate
to make money that they don't need
to support families that they might love.
But perhaps...
the homes that i was passing
"were inhabited by happy families maybe with new babies, 
a great promotion in a job they like because it allows them to help people, 
an exhibit at a local gallery, 
excitement for a planned vacation, 
joy about a breakthrough in import(ant) research."
Either way,
It is a beautiful morning
& I feel that I have experienced this lakeshore
like no one before me.
Last night was not easy, however.
The wind blew and woke me up
all throughout the night.
In all, I would estimate
that I slept an entire six hours.
Sleep is the most difficult aspect,
for myself, while traveling.
I hope to conquer it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment