Monday, August 6, 2012

Planning Your Next Getaway? (I'm the Monster, I Exist)

"I'm the monster and I exist
On this summit I am lost
On it's slopes I've seen the world
As she was meant to be seen"

-Conrad Keely

This is a catalyst.

I'm not going to tell you what to do or how to feel.
I'm not going to try to sell you anything.
I'm only going to do my best to open your eyes to the beauty around you.
This isn't about you.
This isn't about me.
This is     about us.
This is     about humanity.
This is     about an alternative to the life that you've been taught to live.

Education (and in my opinion, self-education) is one of the most beneficial practices one can involve themselves with.
By self-education, I don't mean solely reading literature in the solitude of your home.
I believe that this process is defined within a much wider encompassing circle of actions.
Opening one's self up to the realization that something can be learned from everyone we cross paths with in this life. This includes Bill O'Reilly, as well as Adolf Hitler. No one has everything right, but not anyone has everything wrong either. There is truly a different lesson to be taught by each and every breathing soul.

Hitler for example: 
-Despised alcohol and cigarettes. He was aware of the physical damage they cause to the body. 
-He also practiced vegetarianism, as he had a love for animals. As a young man, out of sympathy and for his own amusement, he sometimes fed the mice in his room. Under his dictatorship, animal experimentation was limited by laws against vivsection.

As for Bill O'Reilly, I haven't searched deeply enough. 

I'm not by any means a neo-nazi. My intent is to use a man, who could be described by our society (and myself) as "one of the most evil men that has ever lived," as an example that there's some light inside of everyone. But once again, I don't support Bill O'Reilly in any way.

Open yourself up to experience, to assimilation.
I've learned so much more about life while riding my bicycle across the landscape
than I ever did in the entire 16 years of my govermental-funded education.
Explore with no destination.
It's a lot more fun that way.

Some will tell you that I'm a monster.
And I very well may be,
But those people don't want you to know what it means to live.
Those people don't want you to know what they've been afraid of their entire lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment