Tuesday, August 21, 2012

WHY

Why do people want to be remembered?
Why does anyone even want to be noticed?

It's amazing to me that most of the world isn't even aware of my existence.
Not only that, but that I'm content with the fact that some people may not like me.

Relationships are strange. 
Once we’re in one (with family, a spouse, whomever), 
we promptly begin to take the other person for granted 
and move on to impressing strangers instead– say, our boss. 
Then, once we’ve impressed our boss, we start taking him for granted too, 
and so on, in an endless cycle of apathy. 
It’s like we always prefer to impress and charm the new than to work on what we already have.

People who care too much of how they are perceived cannot change the world.

I will walk where I want to walk. 
I won't accept false choices. 
I won't let people dictate how I should live my life.


1 comment: