Monday, September 14, 2015

Obsolete

Are we better off dead?
In a world full of so much pain
most of which I will never experience.
Give me pain.
Give me experience.

She gives this city light
My memories of it without her
seem like they are surrounded in a thick smoke
seem forever sunless.

Obsolete.

The sun is all around
shining through the many windows in a room I don't belong.
But my memories are dark.
Almost like something distinct is missing.
The reason for the memories existing is missing.
Memory is temporary.

Obsolete

It is comforting to know that I am temporary.
Temporary.
Temporary.
Yesterday.
Yesterday.

Who was I yesterday.
My life is moving too fast for me to even know who I am in this moment.
And now that moment has passed.
Self-discovery is dead.
It ended with the dawn of social media.
Let others discover who you are.
Tell others who you are and let them discover it for themselves.

Obsolete.

Everyone's favorite word is their own name.
Use people's names when you are talking to them to get them to like you.
I learned that from Dale Carnegie.
He is the one that we have to thank for making extroverted personalities the ideal.

Obsolete.

Music and sports are the same.
They both take our mind away from the things that really matter.
They are both distractions from seeking truth and love.
Music helps me get through my everyday.
It makes it less uncomfortable when I don't have anything to say to those around me.

Obsolete.

Is it better to tell people what you are really thinking?
Or to just tell the people that really care?
Who really cares?
I can count on one hand how many people really care about me.
Oh, no, there's a few more.
Two hands, that's all it takes.

Obsolete.

Everyone you love is going to die.
Everyone you love is going to die.
Everyone you love is going to die.
Everyone dies.
Love dies when everyone dies.
Everyone you kill is going to die.

obsolete.

No one is going to live forever.
Not even me.
Not even you.
Everything is meaningless.
Poetry is meaningless.
Because what could be more meaningless
than that which tells us that everything is meaningless?

obsolete.

Tell me a good joke and I might laugh.
But only if the delivery and timing are just right.
Otherwise I won't even smile.
What's a good joke if it isn't told just right?
It's meaningless.

obsolete.

I never feel well rested.
Not since that day that I woke up as a small child,
I looked out my window and the sun was rising with me.
I stretched and didn't yawn.
I didn't yawn.
I had had the last good night's sleep of my life.
One of the clearest, saddest memories I am able to recall.

obsolete.

Poetry only exists for the poet.
No one else will ever feel it quite the way they have.

obsolete




No comments:

Post a Comment