Friday, April 3, 2015

heavy rain, heavy work, and changing times

I spent yesterday
in the shelter of a greenhouse
rain came heavy
work came heavy
continous
deafening
a deluge
relieved of my duty
to think of another thing to say
to keep the conversation going

This morning
I found myself in the company
of good men

a beekeeper
a maintenance man
a builder
a hunter
a cattle rancher
a sheet metal worker
and a farmer

we worked together to rebuild
a neighbor's hoophouse that had been damaged
during the winter
it felt similar to what I've read
of an old-fashioned barn raising

there was talk of
the seasons crops
weather
construction methods
and changing times

when I get home
I sleep better
than I have in weeks







1 comment:

  1. Great writing.. you are like Robert Frost .. I loved reading your posts

    ReplyDelete