Saturday, June 21, 2014

Her Return Home

the thought of her return home
had kept me awake the past few nights.

i could meet her at the bus station
if i was to make it there in time.

it had begun raining
but i was not going to take the time
to put on my rain jacket.

I cycled through the train station
around and around
past the "no bicycle"signs
she was no where to be found.

I would later know that she had seen me
as her bus was pulling away from the station
she cried as the space between us grew, once more

traffic was not a concern to me
I weaved around cars
only half hoping that they would stop

as I walked my bicycle up the sidewalk
she appeared from around the block
three large bags in her arms

She dropped her bags
We held each other on the porch for an eternity
The rain was our music.

I do not feel empty any longer.



2 comments:

  1. What an amazing piece of writing. That beautiful longing to be that person's arms after a long absence. Wow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad she's back! I love these beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete