Friday, June 13, 2014

Madly Musing in Madison

i could not take my eyes off of the moon
it was large and red
cut in half by the horizon

she seemed to have a fear of silence
so she spoke constantly
to scare the quiet away

last minute decisions are the always right
the water was cold, the water was hot
we could have stayed in the water all night

the environment frightened me
i was lost, drowning
a sea of nervous, cold faces

i became much closer
with my clan, my tribe
my cooperative family

it reminded me too much of college
small, bland room
power point presentation
pressure to take notes

lecture
soliloquy
monologue

when i cared too much
i was desperate
when i did not care at all
i was invisible
when i cared just enough
i was golden

i needed more fresh air
i couldn't stand still for long
i wanted to experience the city







1 comment: