Monday, July 2, 2012

before my eyes








an obscured memory in the back of my head
all the unforgotten things that were said
you tried your best to bury the hatchet
i as easily just said fuck it
my feelings had died as far as i was concerned
standing at the edge of the bridge you burned
i threw a rock into the water below and watched as it got smaller and smaller..
until fading into the darkness
much like my heart, the water swallowed everything whole
I lifted my gaze to see you standing on the other side
am i always at fault? was it you or i that had lied? 
i said "I'll always be here for you"
you said "I'll never need more than you"
my reflection was cast across the shimmering water
i watched as each of your tears made my image stir
and then you jumped, into the reflection of my arms
knowing i'd always catch you, keep you safe from harm
you fell through, you drowned, right before my eyes


Photography and Poetry
©August Wylder, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment