Sunday, July 29, 2012

my wanderlust and a heart of fire

i love where i am.
But I know that it will be time to leave soon.
After three years of college, however, I decided that I had better things to do.
I don't need a degree to live the life that I want. 
And I don't need to add to the debt that I've incurred towards the government.

Most of the time I realize that I have my books to keep me company.
I have my early mornings to give me the thrills i feel I need to keep me alive.
When the streets are empty, this city sleeps deeper than most.
I run and I run and I run.
I wear myself out.

It is impossible to connect with everyone.
I realize this now.
Not everyone is going to love me.
But not everyone is going to hate me either.
What more can I ask for, but a little inconsistency.

I love the world.
I love everyone in it.
But I don't care what most people do
And I care even less about what most people say.
Because none of it amounts to much anyway

I don't need to hear about the party you ended up at last night
or how you're therapist told you that you aren't right
Why would I care to know how many girls you've slept with
when most of them were too drunk to recall it either way.

I need sleep.
The board has taken it into consideration
They took a vote and said "yes,
You can sleep
if only you will do your best 
to stop thinking of how you don't fit in
and how happy that makes you"
that when they are holding tightly onto their comebacks
without listening to each others words
I just lay back and smile because i don't need to listen anymore
the stars haven't started shining yet
but soon they will be brighter than ever before
who do I need to make love me?
who do i need to make care?
they may have their empty cups
broken hearts and cigarettes
but i have an unrelenting desire
my wanderlust and a heart of fire



2 comments: