Saturday, July 7, 2012

enjoy the beauty

most nights i would much rather be alone
than in a house filled with out-of-touch strangers
so it's the weekend, but i turned off my phone
i rarely give my number out, as i find it endangers
the time that i wish to spend wandering alone

while the victims of society and substance abuse
feel that they are escaping from the failings of their hopes and schemes
i would much rather find myself in a book or in the surrounding nature.
call me crazy, call me stupid
but i enjoy my freedom and my solitude
under the control of nothing more than my wild dreams
no mind alteration, no lasting side-effects
i don't need any of your social lubricants
i don't need any of your life distractions
i don't need any of your mainstream behaviors
i don't need any of your half-concieved escape plans
i don't need any of your world through hazy eyes
i don't need any

any part of the world your doing your best to create
around a world that you already hate

enjoy the beauty soberly
enjoy the beauty with me
enjoy the beauty of how life could be



1 comment: