Monday, July 2, 2012

summer blood

"Falling Lights - Light Study"
©August Wylder, 2010




I've just recently come across some much older writings of mine, from my high school days. Amazingly enough, I consider a lot of it to still be alright! Expect my next few posts to be past photography of mine correlating with some of my high school poetry. It should be fun.


This piece came to me after a daydream i had on a bus ride home from somewhere. I believe that it's about my ex-girlfriend from the time.


"when the lies filter through my tight clenched teeth
the sun burns my eyes
can you feel the autumn colors loosen these broken hearts?
the death of this summer was tragic
i drank it's warm blood
such fresh, young blood

the first time with no lights to burn through my flesh
we went places we'd been so many times before
but i felt it all so differently...
this time was different than the rest
the marks you left will never be exposed
because i will never be found
no one will ever see me

i only come out when the sun is torn out of the sky
the stars twinkle subtlely in my eyes
i catch the shimmer of a streetlight in yours
...and shiver against the wall
grabbing you and pulling you into my darkness
i kissed you like i meant it"

No comments:

Post a Comment